I haven’t posted about my eating or my weight loss in a while and for good reason. I suppose I’ve gained the typical taper pounds… 3 of them to be exact. The extra calories I have consumed before, after, and in the last week were probably a little more than necessary. I used the half-marathon as an excuse to eat a lot. But the good thing is… I know how to take it off.
By the way, here’s a link to the NYC Half course if you’d like to check it out. I’m very excited most of the run is through Central Park.
Today was massage day! As part of my 101 in 1001 list, I promised myself I’d get a massage after every long race. So I left work an hour early and headed over to Just Knead It to see Janet for an hour-long Swedish massage.
My back was a little more jacked up than I thought it was. She spent a good amount of time working out all of the knots.. I had a ton! But I feel amazing now! Thank you, Janet! 🙂
- I’ve been emailing back and forth with a property manager in Orlando. I hope to look at some apartments next week when I’m back in Florida again.
- My landlord has informed me she’s putting my house on the market. I’m not too concerned though because 1) I’m moving anyway and 2) the house next door is identical to mine and it’s been on the market for over a year. But I am concerned that if it does sell quick and before I move to Florida, I may be “homeless” for a bit because no one would want to rent to me for just a few months.
- I hope to sign up for the Broad Street Run in Philadelphia on May 2 when I get back from New York. It’s a 10-mile run, and I’ve heard it’s “easy and fast”. I just read the number of runners will be capped at 30,000. Thirty thousand?!?! Holy crap! I thought 13,500 at Disney was a lot!
- Also after the NYC Half, I want to concentrate on getting back into concentrating on healthy eating, as well as start Project Glow and Whittle My Middle.
- I’ve received some products to review on the blog. I promise I’ll get to them soon!
- If you look up at the top of the page, I’ve added two new pages- Race Recaps and Wish List.
Oh, and I think I found my headgear for the NYC Half…
Night night lovies!