Before I get to the “meat and potatoes” of this post, I wanted to announce the winner of my Stonyfield giveaway! Congratulations to Katie!
Katie, please email me at runeatdatesleep @ gmail.com with your address so Stonyfield can send out your package!
On Sunday, I got a great email from Amazon advertising “The Spark” for only $1.99 on the Kindle, and I jumped all over it since it was already on my wish list.
The Spark is written by Chris Downie, the creator of SparkPeople. I have to say that I was slightly disappointed with Part I, which is really all about the author. I was ready to jump right in to the “plan”. Almost 45% of the book is Part I, but stick with it! I’m now in to the first part of the 28-Day Plan, which is the Fast Break. There are 6 steps in this part of the plan.
1. Write Down Your Fast Break Goals– pick 3 small, achievable goals you can easily accomplish in at least 5 out of the next 7 days.
2. Plan Your Spark Time- plan time throughout the day to track your nutrition, exercise, pack lunches, etc. Failing to plan = planning to fail, right?
3. Reaffirm Your Focus- write down your goals and focus on them!
4. Set Up Shop- Don’t make this hard for yourself! Prepare meals ahead of time, keep your workout clothes ready in the car, keep snacks in your car. This is also the time to post a “before” photo on your Spark Page or on your blog.
5. Choose 2 Rewards- One reward for finishing the first week of Fast Break and another reward for finishing the 28-day plan.
6. Track Your Food for Three Days
My Fast Break Goals (starting tomorrow, Friday June 10th)
- Drink 64 ounces of water every day
- Blog 5-7 days this week
- Do at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 days this week.
How I Plan to Plan My Spark Time
- I’m going to put together my “gym bag” the night before.
- I’m going to track my nutrition during my lunch hour and when I get home in the evening.
Reaffirming My Goals
- Short term goal- Lose 5 pounds by June 30
- Medium term goal- Train and complete the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon in October
- Long term goal- Train and complete the Disney World Marathon in January and fit in to size 8 jeans
Set Up Shop
I’m in the middle of a move, so as soon as I’m settled in my new place, I will set up shop! But for now, here are my “before” photos.
(I’m obviously embracing the messy hair here. And no, neither ring is a wedding ring.)
Hmm.. it’s really hard to reward yourself when money is tight. After completing the first week of Fast Track, I’ll purchase a new book for the Kindle. For completing the 28-day plan, I’ll get a pedicure and eye brow wax.
I’m really excited to read more of The Spark!