I had made the decision to return to Weight Watchers quite some time ago, but I wanted to be done with marathon training because long distance running and losing weight don’t really mix. At least not for me. And I know that Weight Watchers is the only way I can do this. So now that the WDW Marathon is over, I was back at the meetings as soon as possible.
I was greeted by the warm, smiling face of my leader Kerri, who had also just ran the WDW Marathon and was really happy to see me return.
I filled out all of my necessary paperwork, weighed in, and got settled in. I was so excited to get back in to the program and work on creating a better body to run my next marathon.
This month’s topic is “Spaces”, and this week focused our kitchens and how an organized refrigerator can help motivate us and keep us on track. Some ways we can spruce up our fridges:
- Clean out the expired product
- Add lots of color- seeing all of those colorful fruits and vegetables always makes me happy!
- Buy a Brita pitcher and keep it full- having ice cold, filtered water helps me for sure!
- Cut up veggies as soon as you get home from the store. Let’s be honest. If you want a snack, and you have to choose between grabbing something quick and slightly unhealthy and cutting up some veggies, you’re going to choose the quickest thing, right?
- Grab a Sharpie and write the Points values on things in your fridge and pantry.
What are your tips for keeping a Weight Watchers-friendly kitchen?
Photo from the week:
Yes, I’m actually telling you all my weight this time. I think it will help me stay focused.
Tomorrow is my first weigh in! I’ll be back to report.